Saturday, January 22, 2011

A "Lesson" in Civility?

   Well, in the days following the shooting in Tuscon, I have heard a lot  about the need for for "civility" and that our rhetoric should be dialed back. Can some one explain that to me, please? 
    Could you also explain why it's wrong  for The Speaker of the House to say that Obamacare is a job killing bill, yet okay for a Congresswoman to say the the repeal of said Bill would "kill" Americans? I'd to inject a thought here if I may; if repealing Obamacare would kill Americans, then why is  the Bill spread out over such a long period of time? Isn't that also killing Americans? or is that something the Left doesn't want to talk about in this new era of civility?
   Maybe someone could explain to me why Sarah Palin is condemned for her "Blood Libel" statement, yet a Congressman while speaking on the floor of the House can use the same term in comparing the Republican Party to Goebbels and the Nazis along with the Holocaust. Doesnt' sound too civil to me.
   Explain this to me if you could. Why are people Like Glenn Beck and Mark Levin are crucified on a daily basis for their opinions and programs, yet Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews espouse whatever they wish with no thought of either the truth or civility?
   Or, why we can't denounce the Muslim Extremists for what they truly are, yet it's allowable to have Homeland Security say that that gun owners, Conservatives and Veterans could be a source of domestic terrorism?
   And finally, could someone please enlighten me on why it's racist to question Obama's agenda for this country? Should we, as Obama said in a speech, just go along for the ride "in the back of the bus"? I'm sure there was no racial undertone in that statement, was there?
  I may be wrong here, but this  new civility seems to be nothing more than a thinly veiled form of politically correct censorship. By that I mean, the Left can say what it wants, but Conservatives must be careful in what and how they wish to project their message. I don't think that is what our Founding Fathers had in mind when they wrote the First Amendment to The Constitution concerning Free Speech or am I way off base here on that, also?

No comments:

Post a Comment