Friday, November 13, 2009

Jake



I would like all y'all to meet my podnah, Jake. Jake is an Australian Sheperd, also known as an "Aussie". Those of you that are familiar with Aussies, know that they are smart, loyal and friendly. But how smart is something we learn after we acquire one.

Jake was a rescue dog. We found him in a shelter while he was being treated for Heartworm. One look at him and I knew right then that I had found my dog. Convincing the wife took a little longer. About five minutes longer. See, Jake, along with all the aforementioned qualities, is a master at flirting. He has a talent for it. I have seen him work some gal right out of her car at the Sonic and have her come over to pet him.

But what makes this so interesting is that Jake don't bark. We have tried an tried to get him to with treats, but he will just drop a drool rope if you tantalize him too much, so we quit trying.

Well, back to what I was talking about. Jake loves women and blondes in particular. You say the word blonde while we're in the truck, his ears prick up he cranes his neck and goes to looking. And when he spots her, he sticks his head out and begins to smile that "Hey Darlin', how'd ya like to pet me" smile. I have seen him draw women out of stores to pet him and he eats it up. But, he's ever the gentleman, he never jumps up to meet them and he keep his nose where its supposed to be if you get my drift. And dont think he doesn't know what he's doing. When we go to town for any reason, he has to have a bandana on in order finish the look. And, once he has one on, he will check his reflection any way he can from using a mirror to his reflection in the storm door. He likes the triangle a little offset on front and will move his head around to check to make sure it's just right. Gotta look good for the ladies right?

So, all you ladies out there be watching on FaceBook in the near future for the "Fans of Jake". We will be posting pictures of him with his favorite people(women) and maybe a video or two of him in action. Most non-dog people won't have a clue about what I'm saying here and for that I feel sad for them. For all y'all dog lovers, I think you know where I'm coming from.

1 comment:

  1. i love this dog!!!! he is such a flirt and a gentleman. sorta like his owner? i think he makes the perfect pardner for you!

    ReplyDelete