Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Stickin' Your Boots in the Oven....

  Howdy, I've been listenin' to His Royal Majesty a lot this week and he seems to be saying the same things over and over. So, I thought I might see if I can respond to what he's been sayin using expressions I've heard and read my whole life from people who make a lot more sense than him. Let's see how this goes.. (Obama will be in the quotation marks and my response will be in Italics)

"We need to spend more, invest more to create jobs. This next  Stimulus will work"
When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!

"I have always believed that taxes on the middle class are too high"
Wearin a hat and boots don't make you a cowboy!

"The Government must be in partnership with business!"
A real cowboy saddles his own horse and kills his own snakes.

"Investing in America doesn't mean higher taxes."
Sticking your boots in the oven won't make them biscuits!

"America will no longer be the guiding force in the World"
"You won't break your horse a-sittin on the fence.

"We must pass this jobs bill now; and after we do, I'll explain how we pay for it."
When dealing with lawyers and bankers, always bring a magnifying glass to read the fine
print before signing papers!

"This next bill is what Americans' need to help recover from the Bush years."
If you can't do it with a little, you can't do it with a lot..

"I inherited this ecconomy from my predecessor."
Rodeoin' has always been about the draw.. You take what you get and how well you perform is up to you.

Well, those are my thoughts on our President. I've quoted and paraphrased a lot of them and if you're well read in cowboy literature, you might recognize some of them... but I learned a lot from them, 'specially that old rancher that took a 12 year old boy and showed him what cowboys do and are... he didn't talk much but his actions spoke volumes. Too bad Obama never got a chance to hear him.  He might not have wound up as a Post Turtle and things might be a lot better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment