Friday, September 23, 2011

Don't Ask Don't Tell Has Become Show and Tell

  Okay, what has happened to us as a country? Where is the outrage? Where is the hue and cry over what they have done to our military? My God, it's an outrage that Obama wanted this and Congress allowed it. I'm a vet and I don't speak for anyone but myself here when I say I'm sickened and disgusted by the whole deal. I saw a picture the other day after it became official of a gay officer marrying his partner in Vermont and I wondered how we let this come to pass.  Did anybody ask the Joint Chiefs? How about the men and women who are going to have to soldier with them? How will affect morale, retention or readiness be affected?
 Okay, call me Homophobic if you want, but I honestly believe that it's wrong to have done this. Yes, Ed, some will say,  these the same arguments used when the military was integrated after WWII? Maybe so, I think the people saying this are comparing apples to oranges. I think this is an outright ploy by the Liberal Left to weaken the military.
  I served in the Navy in the 70's under Carter when we got all touchy feely by having Human Relation Councils,and sensitivity training which did nothing  more than to undermine the authority of NCO's and officers. You try give an order to a person and if they didn't like it, they would cry any number of reasons from outright discrimination to just harassment. Kinda hard to get something done when you have to consider every angle when trying to give what you felt to be a lawful order.  Anybody who served back then can tell you what it was like under President "Jimmuh".
 Then came ''Willy" and Don't ask don't tell.  What kind of can of worms that has been is very evident. Lawsuit after lawsuit. But, the courts upheld it and still the Military still did its best to "Charlie-Mike" (continue mission).
  Now, we have Obama. Despite all his words to the contrary, his action say volumes about his feeling towards the Military and this new openess about being okay to be gay is just another Liberal method of destroying some thing they have always hated.
   Well, now yall know how I feel. I'm sure some of you will not really care for this one but I felt it needed saying and it's my soapbox and my dime. Oh, and one last thing, and this goes out to the men and women serving today : May God Bless all Y'all and keep you safe.

Charlie-Mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment