Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Texas

I was sitting at my second or third favorite watering hole tonight when I heard this song:"Meet My Texas" and it got me to thinking.... Funny thing, I think I think so darn deep when I do my thinking after a couple ice cold Lone Stars and some Eight Ball. I got to to thinking about my Texas and just thought I'd pop some random thoughts down and see where it goes... here goes..
  • Tyler Roses
  • Lone Star Beer and Bob Wills' Music
  • Pheasants flushing in a milo field
  • Buddy Holly
  • Willie on every juke box
  • Abilene sunrises
  • Sunset over Palo Duro Canyon
  • Robert Earl Keen
  • Waltzing Across Texas
  • Ben Hogan
  • Ton Landry grimacing on the sideline
  • Earl Campbell draggin half the opposing defense across the goal line
  • The "Hail Mary"
  • Aaron Watson singing about Ernest Tubb
  • The smell of BBQ driving thu Llano or Mason (Brisket,German Sausage and of course, cabrito)
  • The Colonial
  • GW biking with our "Wounded Warriors"
  • Rodeos and the dances after
  • Sittin on any corner with the spit and whittlers
  • Cowdogs on tool boxes ( do not ever attempt to pet or touch truck)
  • A Panhandle Blue Norther
  • Any afternoon at Gruene Hall
  • Toobin
  • High School Football
  • Openin Day
  • Adjustin a Waterdog's attitude with a tree stump on Lake Fork
  • A West Texas Sandstorm taking the paint off your truck
  • Canton
  • Second Monday
  • Texas vs OU
  • Girls from Lubbock being mistaken for sunburned when actually exfoliated by wind
  • Homecoming Queens and rodeo Princesses
  • Luby's after Church
  • Chicken Fried Steak
  • Chicken Strip dinner at DQ
My list could run on forever, but am really interested in your Texas which really is... Our Texas

1 comment: