Monday, January 23, 2012

Who's My Candidate?

  I've been following the debates, listening to the candidates and watching the ads and have yet to really pick one I can truly rally to. It seems they all have these big ideas and the same answer to all our problems: " When elected, I will enact programs to solve those problems."

  I guess my problem is that I don't want a candidate with big and grand ideas. I'm waiting for one with small ideas. I want one who will say, " I don't think big; I think small. Such as smaller government, smaller taxes, less interference in your lives, and smaller budgets."

  The government is bloated and unwieldy as it is and more programs will grind our ecconmy to a halt. Between the banking regulations that have crippled the housing industry, a tax code that even lawyers can't comprehend, ag regulations that prevent farmers from raising the crops that could feed most of the planet to strangling regulations on our enegery providers that force us to pay higher costs,the government is collapsing under its own weight(I'm not even going to go into Obama-Care).

 The country has had enough of grandiose schemes, ideas and programs. We need small ideas, and it will take a "Big Man/Woman" with matching cojones/ huevos to be willing to run on a ''small'' platform.

As Ronald Reagan so aptly stated, "Government isn't the solution to our problems;it's the cause".

1 comment: