Saturday, June 4, 2011

We Have Gathered at the River

Well we made it and is good to see family and friends again. It was a small crowd as people will be coming in thu the weekend. But as the sayin goes "este poco, este poco" (we may be small, but we're crazy)or somethin like that.
There is one serious rule on the deck: NEVER BE THE FIRST TO FALL! as shown below:

No explanation needed!
The food was good, the beer was cold and a very good time was had by all. I even managed to score a few brownie points, with the help of my aunt, by arranging a surprise birthday party for Jane on the deck. Instead of a cake, she had a cupcake arrangement made up and was the hit of the night. They were so good, I had to make a cupcake run today. And, not letting an opportunity to jab spurs, a family member noted that the times have really changed when Eddie is going after cupcakes instead of beer. But, as I told him, I was fetchin' them for Momma Sot and Jane... Nuff said! 
So I think I'm gonna post this and head over to the house and soak my backside in water and my inside with some cold Lone Star. More to come as the week progresses.
Hail the Head Sot!

No comments:

Post a Comment