Friday, July 9, 2010

All I Needed To Know About Life, I Learned by Going to the Show

Having grown up with a deep affection for going to the "show" as we small town folks like to say, I would like to share some things I've learned from being an avid (some would say obsessed) movie buff.

The days of the week: "Monday, Wednesday Tuesday, Friday"- The Godfather

It's about to hit the fan: "Houston, We have a problem".- Apollo XIII

Do something NOW!: "Too close for missiles, switching to guns!"- Top Gun

Going your own way: " A man oughta do what he thinks is right".- Hondo

Entrepreneurism: "We rob banks."- Bonnie and Clyde

Optimism: "After all, tomorrow is a another day". - Gone With the Wind

Life aint fair: "I coulda been a contender." - On the Waterfront

Perserverance: "A Commanche will only chase something till he thinks he chased it enough; then he quits. He dont understand something that just keeps chasing him." - The Searchers

Romance: "Any man that wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't deserve one." - Lonesome Dove

Courage: "Today, I feel like I'm the luckiest man on the face of the Earth." - Pride of the Yankees

A chance meeting of an old girlfriend that dumped you: "Of all the gin joints in all the world, why'd she have to come into my place?" -Casablanca

On what's important in life: "Only two things in life worth havin, a beautiful woman from anywhere or a Swiss watch. Ever had a Swiss watch?" - Red River

On "coming of age"; "Mrs. Robinson,are you trying to seduce me?"- The Graduate

On Life in general: "It ain't dyin' I'm talkin' 'bout Woodrow, it's livin'." Lonesome Dove.

After realizing all I have learned from the movies, makes me wonder what all y'all might have learned from them that has helped in life. So until time; adios,
au revoir and pass the popcorn.

1 comment:

  1. Just love this! I think I've heard you say all of these things at some time or other, too. Oh, and get your own popcorn!!!

    ReplyDelete