Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Acceptance of Growing Older

I've learned a lot of things in this life and now that I've got older, acceptance is one of them. A big thing to accept is the fact that everyone grows older. So after having fought the good fight I've come to accept I'm getting older now and need to accept a few facts such as:

Two or Three weeks of exercise won't get me back into "Football" shape.

It's okay to be able to hide your own Easter Eggs.

Naps are wasted on the young.

Senior Tees are a good thing.

I'm liking the discounts.

Younger women are't that young anymore.

More than three trips to the bathroom after going to bed
should count as exercise.

Nooners, quickies and matinees now refer to naps.

Music seems louder than it used to.

It's okay to start a sentence with,"back in my day".

Being into leather now refers to upholstery and truck seats.

I've turned into my parents.

It's not ADD but OLD!

I know there are more and there will come a time I'll
look at a piece of rope in my hand and wonder,"did I find some rope,
or lose a horse?"; but until them I'm going to do like I always have and live each day like the new one it is and give thanks for the memories I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment