Thursday, February 14, 2013

Musings From the Couch

 I was sittin' on the couch last night, watching a little TV with my feet propped on the table when I happened to notice that my socks didn't match. that got me to thinking, does it really matter that you're socks don't match when you wear boots? One thought led to another and before I knew it, a lot of stuff went thru my head and I thought I'd share it with you and see if you can answer some of these for me:

  • How far is "a piece"? [Oh, it's just down the road a piece.]
  •  Why does the word phonetics star with "ph"?  [kinda defeats the whole purpose don't it?]
  •  At what amount does "umpteen" kick in? [more than twelve, less than twenty?]
  •  Why did most of my bad ideas involve my cousin, DW? [not sure, but most of them might have been bad ideas, but were a lot of fun!]
  • Just how hungry would the first person to eat a raw oyster had to have been?
  • Why do some people say they like draft beer, yet not like the same beer from a can? [come on people, they are both made of aluminum!]
  • What is it about frying food that makes it taste sooo much better?
  • Just how much is a passel?[or is it passle?]
  • If it's better with butter, why use margarine?
  • Is the saying,"Work like a dog", really appropriate any more?[Looking down at mine sleeping on his back paws up, I'm thinking it might be true only for Liberals!]
  •  How is it possible an 18 year old can be issued a handgun and use it in the military  yet be denied the right or own or purchase one by the same government that issued it one, as a civilian?
  • Finally, on that same note: On background checks to buy a gun, why does a person  buying a gun undergo a more stringent background check that Obama did to run for President? [I'm dying to hear y'all's comments on this one!]

 Well as y'all can tell, looks like I spent more time thinking than I did watching TV. Oh well, it was a rerun anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment