Sunday, April 10, 2011

Why I Live in Texas

Howdy yall,

I been posting a few of these on Facebook  but I keep thinking of so many, I thought it might make an interesting post, at least to my Texan readers. Here goes...
Why I Live in Texas
  • Chicken Fried Steak
  • Lone Star Beer
  • Chili
  • 72 ounce steaks
  • The Barbecue
  • George, Waylon, Willie, REK
  • The sunrises and sunsets
  • Western Swing
  • The Red Raiders, Aggies, Frogs, Bears, Coogs, Mustangs and 'Horns
  • Gruene Hall and the Broken Spoke
  • Cowboys here can throw passes as well as ropes
  • Hats and boots aren't fashion statements
  • Texans make good neighbors
  • The hunting and fishing
  • Pico de Gallo
  • The Alamo
  • Texas Rangers and the "Cinco Peso"
  • South Padre
  • Dallas days and Ft Worth nights
  • The largest state fair in the US
  • Belt Buckles the size of pizza pans
  • Buckle Bunnies
  • Bluebonnets in spring
  • you can ride in an elevator in the day and a mechanical bull that night
  • The Guadalupe and Brazos Rivers
  • We support both the 2nd Amendment and The Ten Commandments
  • Friday Night Football
  • Sweet tea
  • Larry McMurtry
  • Dr Pepper
  • Audie Murphy
  • The Governor carries a gun
  • I can carry a gun
  • Birthplace of German Chocolate Cake
  • If you cain't find it in Houston or Dallas, you don't need it
I guess it just boils right down to this, Texans don't just live in Texas; WE LIVE!
     





No comments:

Post a Comment