Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Texas is...

Texas has been on my mind a lot lately as I have been reading an old book on the history of my state. Last night it started running through my head just how many songs are about Texas and how they can be used to describe it. Here are some examples.

Texas is...

Amarillo by Morning

Lubbock in my Rearview Mirror

Across the Alley From the Alamo

Deep in the Heart of Texas

The Streets of Laredo

The Red River Valley

Houston

Amarillo Highway

Dallas Days and Fort Worth Nights

Bob Wills is Still the King

Abilene

San Angelo

McKenzie Park

Waltz Across Texas

Big Ball in Cowtown

San Antonio Rose

T for Texas


Well those are the ones I can think of right off hand. I'm sure there are others and if you have any you would like to share, please post them in blog comments.
Oh, one more title:

God Bless Texas!!

2 comments:

  1. How about "Galveston"...one of my favorite Glen Campbell songs. Now you've got me thinking about songs from Texas...can't get it outta my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant beleive i left out that and "Miles and Miles of Texas"!

    ReplyDelete